- Does my computer need to be on in order to be updated?
- Yes. Updates can not be applied if your computer is off or in sleep/hibernation mode.
- What time will updates be installed?
- Updates are scheduled weekly. The time is determined by you since you are most familiar when your computer is powered on and not in use. Desktop computers, by default, always are set to go to ‘sleep’ when not used for extended period of time this makes it not possible to have updates installed late at night, for example, midnight.
- Can I adjust power and sleep settings?
- Will my computer restart?
- Not necessarily but more often than not so prepare for your computer to be restarted.
Updated on December 23, 2020